Let’s bring some sunshine to your life with this gorgeous meal! Here is my beautiful, creamy and golden curry which is full of warm, intensely aromatic spices.
Quick and easy to make, and it will bring a whole new exotic world to your home.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- A bunch of spring onions (sliced)
- 250g butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 250g tin chickpeas (drained)
- 200g fresh pineapple (peeled and chopped) or the same amount of tin pineapple (drained)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 200ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp from each: Garam Masala, ground coriander, ground turmeric, chilli flakes.
- 1 stick of cinnamon (or a half tsp ground cinnamon), 2 curry leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 250g Jasmine rice, chopped fresh coriander and lime wedges to serve.
Heat the coconut oil or olive oil in a wide heavy-based casserole dish, then fry the sliced spring onion with garlic, fresh ginger, Garam Masala, ground coriander, turmeric and chilli flakes for 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, enjoy the heavenly fragrance of the spices. 🙂
Open the tin of coconut milk and scoop off the creamy top into your dish, stirring constantly over the heat for a couple more minutes, then add the rest of the coconut milk alongside with the stock.
Stir well, bring to boil and add the chickpeas, butternut squash, cinnamon stick, curry leaves, salt and pepper.
Turn down the heat, put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until the butternut squash is almost cooked through. Then add the cubed pineapple and chopped fresh coriander, simmer for 5 more minutes.
Check for seasoning, and leave covered, but stand off the heat for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice as your side dish.
Serve with cooked rice, chopped fresh coriander and some fresh lime juice on the top.